Windows 10 [WIndows 10] ATI Mobility Raedon HD 5650 Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter RealYaddie
  • Start date Start date
R

RealYaddie

So I just heard about microsoft discontinuing support to Windows 7 device in 2020 an I thought that it would be a good time to cash in on a free windows 10 update so that's exactly what I did. When windows 10 had successfully finished installing everything felt fine and stuff felt smooth and the first thing I checked was my resolution and I saw that I was getting my max (1366x768) like from Windows 7 and I saw that dxdiag was showing my normal values from windows 7 as well the only difference being that instead of it saying my card name ATI technologies, ATI mobility Raedon HD 5650 it said Intel(HD) Graphics but I didn't pay that any mind; I went to test out if I could still game because thats really all that matters to me and I found that old games like Grand theft auto Multiplayer dropped from giving me 100 fps to 23fps and another game that worked fine on Win 7 SAO:Hollow realization couldn't even start anymore, although like many others that faced this problem I could still play videos online in HD 1080p and some in 4k but my games weren't running at all.

Just wanted to know if anyone had found a fix to this problem since it was brought up from around 2015 I believe , I tried everything I downloaded the specific support software from AMD site and installed it but it changed nothing and it didn't really give me the option to switch graphics or anything and I even found and downloaded the original version for the Display driver that I had on Windows 7 but that still didn't work. Just lemme know if any fix was found for this problem and also I was thinking of going to Linux, please let me know if I should even consider that as an option, would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

I also got another *version* of that driver version from windows 7 but I wasn't sure of how to install it Screenshot . Let me know if I should try and go back to win 10 and try installing that(if you guys know how I'm supposed to go about doing that)

Sorry if everything that I said earlier is all over the place let me know if you need anymore info.

Continue reading...

Back