• Start date Start date
C

CharlesLawrence3

Windows 10 Automatic Repair and No Administrator Account bootloop

Hello everyone.

Details and specifications:

Windows 10 64bit UEFI

Lenovo G50-80

This issue happened this morning, it was functioning like normal yesterday.

When I try to boot up into Windows 10, it starts with spinning white dots and says "Preparing Automatic Repair", followed by "Diagnosing PC" (somewhere along those lines). After that it shows a light-blue screen titled Automatic Repair, and says that my PC didn't start correctly and gives me two options - restart, advanced options.

The options I get are Continue, Troubleshoot, Use a device, Turn off your PC, and Use another operating system.

In Troubleshoot there are the options "Reset this PC", which lets me choose between keeping my files and removing everything.

Choosing to keep my files makes it hit a wall, stating that I need to sign in as an administrator to continue, and that there aren't any administrator accounts on my PC. Under that is an button that says "Forgot your password or don't see your accoun?", when pressed, it asks me to restart to sign-in, which obviously starts the whole loop over again.

Choosing to remove everything ends up in failure as well, stating that it couldn't reset my PC and that it didn't make any changes.

In advanced options, I'm given 7 options.

Startup Repair, Uninstall Updates, Startup Settings, UEFI Firmware Settings, Command Prompt, System Restore, and System Image Recovery.

All of which fail to do succeed anything, if they do anything at all. Most of them, after being clicked, say "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC."

UEFI Firmware Settings allows me to reset the settings of the BIOS, but that didn't change the situation or help me much.

The only other working option is Startup Settings. "Restart to change Windows options such as:", follower by a long list of possible boot options, including debugging and safe mode, with an option to disable automatic restart after failure. Booting into any of the safe mode options leads me instantly into the "Automatic Repair" with the spinning white dots, starting the loop again. Disabling automatic restart after failure does the same.

I'm a bit stumped for things to be honest. But if anyone would like to lend a hand, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...