Windows 10 Windows 10 - Browsers and Microsoft Teams crashing intermittently.

• Thread starter Thread starter AJ_Quintana
  • Start date Start date
A

AJ_Quintana

I've had some (major) ongoing issues with my Lenovo AIO 520, running on Windows 10 Home Single Language, AMD Ryzen 3 2200 GE, especially whenever I try to work on Teams or open browsers.

Basically, what happens is one of the following:

A) I'm in the middle of a meeting with Microsoft Teams, everything freezes, and then either turns black or I get the proverbial "Program not responding". It happens both on the desktop app and the Teams web page.

B) I've just opened a 3rd or 4th tab in the browser when the whole screen of the computer suddenly goes black for a few seconds, before turning back on and showing the browser all in black and unresponsive. Happens often with Edge and Chrome; less so with Firefox or Opera, but it does happen from time to time. The tabs I try to open when this occurs are completely random - sometimes it happens when I open Google Search or use Bing, sometimes I'm checking YouTube or Facebook, at times I'm checking my Outlook... Just about any random website can trigger the issue.

It started about 5-4 months ago, and it's getting worse every week - before, it was a minor problem that came along once a week at the most; now, it's not uncommon for it to happen 5 or 6 times in a single hour. Sometimes, I have 16 tabs running and 2 programs working at once, and nothing happens. On the other hand, I may only have the Teams or the browser running, and it all suddenly goes kaputt.

So far, I can't find a clear pattern or a specific website/program that might explain the sudden black outs, and I'm not sure if it's a software issue or whether the trouble resides with the hardware.

I'd appreciate any insight - this is causing a lot of problems in regards to my work and mental stability...

Continue reading...

Back