Windows 10 Windows 10 constant ping spikes every 10 seconds.

• Thread starter Thread starter Shawn Kim_75
  • Start date Start date
S

Shawn Kim_75

So, I've been having this problem ever since one of my brothers got his new desktop lately and started to download a lot of stuff (games) on his new pc. I don't know if it's a coincidence but before he got his new PC, my wifi was working totally fine without any problems. My other brother also told me that he started getting random ping spikes at the exact same time period as me. The day my brother started to download a bunch of stuff, that's when the wifi started to drop consistently. He finished his downloads a while ago, yet I and my other brother's wifi still get ping spikes every 10 seconds and it's getting pretty annoying. I tried most of the solutions that I found on the forum or other websites but it didn't work. I tried updating my wifi driver, tried resetting my network, changing the power management settings of the adapter, resetting the router, using a wifi extender, so on and so forth. All of my families are having the same issue right now and we just can't get to fix it. Is there any way that my brother's downloads from approximately 2 weeks ago, is still causing us packet loss on our wifi? If you have any solutions or similar problem as me, please let me know. Thank you!

Continue reading...