Windows 10 Windows 10 Crashes occasionally when going into sleep/hibernate mode.

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonamac
  • Start date Start date
J

Jonamac

When I put my computer to sleep mode at night, not every night but maybe every 3rd or 4th time after a restart, the screen goes black like normal and just stays like that for about 5 minutes or so and then the PC just restarts. I NEVER see a blue screen when it happens, just black. This has been happening for a couple months now and it's insanely annoying because I have to relaunch absolutely everything I was working on. I know that windows just had some big update recently, but my problem is still lingering. Before anyone asks, yeah I did the elevated command prompt "sfc /scannow" thing and one time it found some things and fixed them but alas, no solution.

Here's all the data from WhoCrashed:

System Information (local)

Computer name: JON-PC
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18362
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: All Series, ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., X99-E WS/USB 3.1
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X CPU @ 3.00GHz Intel586, level: 6
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 68624384000 bytes total

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Mon 8/5/2019 2:02:10 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\080519-28687-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1BFCC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF8E040B845280, 0xFFFF8E040B8451D8, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 8/5/2019 2:02:10 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!setjmpex+0x8169)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF8E040B845280, 0xFFFF8E040B8451D8, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I don't have any 3rd party antivirus, just the built in windows defender. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Continue reading...

Back