Windows 10 Windows 10 desktop mouse and keyboard not working

• Thread starter Thread starter KatieWohldmann
  • Start date Start date
K

KatieWohldmann

For many months now, my Microsoft brand keyboard and mouse combo- only a few years old- have not been working correctly on my 64 bit Windows 10 desktop. These issues have gradually worsened to where now my PC is practically unusable. The mouse cursor moves but the right-click button usually doesn't click, even if I try 20 times. The middle and left buttons seem to work fine. The keyboard doesn't always type the keys, and sometimes when it does type, it takes about 5 seconds for the letters to show on the screen. Other times it works fine, like it is now.

I've tried everything I can think of to fix this. I replaced the batteries; I cleaned the keyboard and mouse to where they're both now in nearly pristine condition; I restarted the PC; I changed USB ports for the receiver; I updated the software on Device Manager; I ran ALL of the troubleshooters, not just the ones for the keyboard and mouse; I uninstalled the software and reinstalled.

So, I looked for fixes online. I tried turning on Click Lock, I tried disabling all my Windows programs and turning my PC on Safe Mode (worked great for about 5 minutes, then issues persisted).

I ended up buying a new keyboard/mouse combo. They worked slightly better, but had the same issues. I do NOT have another PC I can connect my keyboard and mouse to so I can see if that works any better.

I don't know what else to do. If anyone could please give me a few suggestions on what to try that would be awesome, and I would GREATLY appreciate it. THANKS SO MUCH!!

Continue reading...

Back