Windows 10 Windows 10 does not recognize ethernet connection

• Thread starter Thread starter EricLal
  • Start date Start date
E

EricLal

The ethernet port on my motherboard does not work so I have been using an ethernet to usb adapter for several years. My computer was on Win10 ver 105XX (long story) earlier today with no internet connection issues. I fully updated to ver 19041 will all optional updates and now the internet icon says "Network - No Internet Access" while I have completely normal, unimpeded internet access.

I am currently typing from the machine which supposedly cannot access the internet. Troubleshooting offers "Possible Solution: Network Reset" (+ pc restart) which I have tried multiple times with no success.

Other things I have tried / have ensured:

• problem persists with clean boot
  • ethernet driver is up to date
  • diddybhp's answer from this similar question
  • Blanko2 suggesting a temporary fix using static ip from a different similar question
  • Vijay_Verma and Kapil Arya's suggestion on the same post of spamming troubleshooters
  • kharkhuwa's suggestion here
  • "Solution 2" from this post

none of these possible fixes have made my issue better (or worse).

Programs which require internet access e.g. Microsoft Store and Spotify seemingly refuse to function due to hardcoded internet connection checks, though annoyingly portions of the programs show that they can access the internet - for example my Spotify username and profile picture are loading right underneath the banner telling me it can't connect.

Continue reading...

Back