Windows 10 Windows 10 excessive cpu usage from apps randomly

• Thread starter Thread starter ghost1982
  • Start date Start date
G

ghost1982

Hi peoples

You may have answered this one if so could you link me to it thanks.

I recently bought a Surface Go less than a month ago updated to windows 10 home straight away off the S version all good.

Last week had a windows update run in morning that night tried opening a pdf in firefox from WHO it went crazy wouldn't stop opening tabs closed down straight away thinking that was weird. I tried a different pdf from government site same thing. After closing firefox ran windows defender, surface got really hot to touch and got blue screen. I shut it down let it cool overnight tried again it got hot but ran through clean tried offline scan same thing also tried malwarebytes and ad cleaner nothing. Noticed after this it would get really hot after a few minutes use task manager showing constant 100% cpu usage random apps. So I reset Surface Go, had to external fans blasting it to keep cool, it ran through to set up device, turned it off let it cool down completely overnight, next day finished set up. Ran windows update to latest version heating problem gone. What now happens is I seem to get cpu 100% usage spikes from random apps mainly when they open but also randomly while in use. CPU usage in task manager never seems to add up to the listed usage of apps. This does seem to settle down after a few moments but continues to spike randomly and whenever I open task manager cpu is always 100%. The noticeable thing is the random slow down of device, I checked my pc that just updated and the same sought of thing occurs. Is this an issue with Windows 10 something I need to worry about or should I let it go for the moment? Hoping I don't have a problem caused from overheating caused by excessive cpu usage.

Continue reading...

Back