Windows 10 Windows 10 Failing to Boot (RE-UPLOAD as it didn’t get a solution)

• Thread starter Thread starter BrodieEddy
  • Start date Start date
B

BrodieEddy

Hi,

I bought a ex-lease Dell Optiplex 9010 SFF which I upgraded by installing a SSD, GTX 1050ti LP and a new External PSU. After installing the PSU I switched the display to run off the gpu in the bios so I could game with it. My PC worked wonderfully running lots of games at high framerates. The next day I played some more games on it and then I restarted it (was meant to press sleep but hit restart) and When it started up again the windows logo came up with the circling dots like usual but then it froze. I had to hold the power button to turn off the pc. I booted it up again and the same thing happened So I thought maybe my power supply is faulty so I opened up my pc and tested the psu which was working normally and also reinstalled all parts and cables. It froze again. I turned it on again just to be sure and this time it booted into the automatic repair thing and started diagnosing my pc. It finished and said that it was unable to fix anything. I pressed Advanced options and went through the steps to boot into Safe mode and my pc was able to boot into that fine. I ran my antivirus to see if i had a virus stopping windows form booting but it found nothing. So I did some mucking around with settings and found that in the bios if I changed my display back to the Intel integrated graphics my pc booted normally. I then shut down my pc and started it in the bios again and I switched back to the Gpu and it booted normally again. For two more days it worked normally even if the pc was shut down but I tried going to the microsoft store and it said I had internet which I did so I cleared the cache for the store and restarted my pc. Again I had the same issues with windows loading and doing the switch-er-roo with the gpu and intergrated graphics made it boot fine again. I did a startup repair thing which diagnosed my pc and said reapairing the errors but it failed. I checked the log files and got a error which said '0x490 ... A patch is preventing the system from starting' (I was going to attach the file that said that but it has now overwritten it with another diagnose it did which didnt have the same error). So I dont know wether its the gpu drivers, a corrupted windows install (ex-leases installed it), faulty psu, faulty gpu. Does anyone know if there is a fix to this. Also Sorry for the really long details but I wrote it all down incase any bit shows the problem. Also here is some things that I noticed were off even before installing the SSD, GPU and New PSU. -Windows Smartscreen always fails to load -Microsoft store doesnt load (says no internet) -This issue seems to occur when I restart my pc

Continue reading...