Windows 10 Windows 10 Forcing Me To Change My Password When I Did Not Even Set A Password

• Thread starter Thread starter Ethan Chia
  • Start date Start date
E

Ethan Chia

Hi Microsoft,

I have a problem with my Windows10(10.0.18362.418) . I never set password protection and could directly sign in and bootup w/o needing to key in password.

But from Saturday morning, I suddenly had to change a password which I never had - even if i left all fields blank, Win10 rejects and says the password doesn't match policy requirements.

But I DID NOT EVEN SET SUCH REQUIREMENTS.

So i keyed in a password to merely login and then try to diagnose and find a way to remove the password requirement. But to no avail.

Below is my cmd prompt showing clearly that my account never requires a password.

I have tried several internet methods to try remove the password:

1. User Account Control

My version of Win10 doesn't even have that "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer." checkbox to begin with BY DEFAULT. Why so?

Coz 5mins bef posting this thread when i was still trying my futile attempt @ diagnosing, I somehow managed to open UAC with that checkbox.

THUS for #1, I go by this way instead to reset/remove the password.

2. net users via cmd

3. Via Registry Editor. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Weirdly, my Reg Editor doesn't have the "DefaultPassword parameter". But it has the 3 other highlighted fields "AutoAdminLogon" "DefaultUsername"
DefaultDomainName". This method FAILS FOR ME.

WHATS HAPPENING AFTER THAT?

Method #1 and #2 actually work in removing the passwords. Doing a system restart is no problem Win10 logs in straight.

When you shutdown and turn on again, Win10 will also still login directly w/o password.

HOWEVER, Win10 logs you out of ALL YOUR ACCTS - those on Chrome and for myself - Outlook. I have relogin everything again and resume normal ops.

Then you shutdown again. Assuming u continue using computer whole day, you finally shutdown only @ night to sleep.

Once you boot up The Next day, the problem goes back to Square 1. Win10 prompts you to change your password which you never had (and that you just removed) and that I must go through ALL THAT TROUBLE TO TRY REMOVE THE PWD; and after that RELOGIN into everything.

IS THIS A NEW WIN10 UPDATE JUST IMPLEMENTED?

As of 20/10/19, internet solutions on password problem are getting obsolete. I have enacted all of such methods above but they're not working. The Win10 password requirement vibe in the OS is now very strong.

Also, Certain nuances of Win10 have changed - especially for the UAC checkbox. In my version (10.0.18362.418). That checkbox is NON EXISTENT.

Thus i wish to ask the admin, did they seriously just release something new patch to wreck so much havoc in password security for the Win10 OS?Lastly, given that I've tried all methods above, I do not expect to hear the same methods again as solution. Imo, the problem is more than meets the eye. This is no typical Win10 diagnosis on disabling the password.

I feel this is a new problem altogether. Microsoft has definitely tweaked smth behind the scenes.

And ofc, i really don't want a password feature inside this computer that i use at home.

All this time w/o a password, I can bootup the computer and autostart some of my key programs upon successful bootup. It saves me that good bit of technical time of manually logging in because I usually boot my computer whilst i go about in starting some of my household chores.

Thanks!

Continue reading...