Windows 10 Windows 10 frequent BSOD's

• Thread starter Thread starter aargos
  • Start date Start date
A

aargos

I have a PC that was experiencing occasional BSOD's and lately (last few weeks) its gotten worse. This PC is primarily used by a family member to game on but its used for general use also. The errors were not always the same. Sometimes it would be 'Kmode exception not handled' , or 'system thread exception not handled', and others. The BSOD's would occur at any time, sometimes just sitting at the desktop doing nothing (no game or app running)

I updated everything. No change. I started to remove things one at a time (like 3rd party antivirus, etc) but it wasn't helping so I decided to do a wipe of the OS (I was thinking it may have been file corruption somewhere). I booted into Recovery and chose to Reset my PC, and chose 'Remove everything'.

Here is some system info (system is nearing 4 yrs old)

MB: Gigabyte F2A88XM-HD3 with latest available BIOS

CPU: AMD A10-7850k (using integrated graphics with latest drivers)

Win 10 build 17134

16GB RAM

I've come here because I did a clean install as noted above & minutes after install completed (took about 2 hrs) I went to reboot the machine and it BSOD'd before I could finish clicking. This is before I installed anything else. It has since BSOD'd many times before I installed any driver or anything else, just with base windows.

I ran today the memory diagnostic (I was beginning to think some component failure), I did the extended test with 8 passes. Took about 5 hours to run. No issues with memory detected. I don't know what else to try short of buying new components.

Continue reading...