Windows 10 Windows 10 Frequent Netwbw02.sys BSOD's, network adapter vanishing and more.

• Thread starter Thread starter Adam1703
  • Start date Start date
A

Adam1703

Hello all. For a while now I've been having adapter issues on Windows 10. This began a while back, maybe a year or so ago when I started loosing wifi connection and had to run the troubleshooter which subsequently would reset the wifi Adapter, and tell me the default gateway was unavailable or something. I took no notice of this as well things happen. However overtime the problem evolved and became more frequent. I tried updating drivers, no new ones were ever found, un-installing the device etc. And then one day I powered up only to find that the adapter was completely missing. This was the case for about a week until magically it re-appeared and began working. Since then I've had not a single issue. Thats until around 2 months ago when connectivity issues appeared again. Once again I had to reset the adapter etc etc. This went on for a while until about 2 or so weeks ago this became extremely frequent and accompanied by extreme lag spikes, stutters etc, after which I'd magically loose connection and had to run the troubleshooter to reset the adapter. I looked around and found a windows update and a driver update. Updated both, however this didn't help much. The stutters and connectivity issues became so frequent it would happen every 20-40 seconds. It was frustrating however was usually solved temporarily by a reboot or a netsh winsock clear. The issues continued until around last week when I got my first ever BSOD (I've been using this laptop for about 5 years now). The Blue Screen stated that the Netwbw02.sys file failed. This BSOD happened consecutively every hour or so, 4 times that day. After that it didn't happen for another couple days. I did my research and uninstalled the device, re-installed it, tried updating/reloading drivers. Nothing helped. Stutters came back and so did, the now a lot less frequent, BSOD's. This frequent connectivity loss and needing to reset the adapter continued till today. When I got about 3 BSOD's, about the Netwbw02.sys file again and again (I have the dump files. Will attempt to pose below). I searched the internet for help and decided to run the driver verifier on this specific driver, without knowing too much about it. Came back with very frequent BSOD's, so I disabled the verifier. This then continued until I got my last BSOD, it didn't tell me what failed, all it said was 'WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR' The laptop didn't even automatically restart like usual this time and I was forced to manually restart it. After restart I noticed it had become extremely laggy and took ages to load in, let me login and even load my desktop. At some point even crashing when I entered my password. After a couple reboots I managed to log in, only to notice the network adapter was gone again. I decided to reboot once more only to find I couldnt even boot up because the PC froze on boot. This maintained itself for about an hour, after which gloriously it booted and the adapter is back. Hence I am writing this right now, hoping someone would clear it up for me before it gets worse.

SPECS:
LAPTOP: Lenovo Yoga 2 pro

Windows 10 Home Version 1809

Processor; Intel Core i7-4510U
8GB RAM

Netowork Adapter/Card = Intel N-7260

Antivirus/Anti-Malware = McAfee (paid) and the free version of MalwareBytes

VPN's = ProtonVPN (Uninstalled now, was recently downloaded by me)

BSOD logs; Will attempt to post later.

Thanks for reading and I have failed to get any help. So I turn to these forums hoping someone might help me. I'm backing up my data so maybe a fresh version of windows might help.

Continue reading...