Windows 10 Windows 10 hangs up on lock screen after sleep, never showing the login form, on my Asus Aspire F 15 laptop

• Thread starter Thread starter jnareb
  • Start date Start date
J

jnareb

This is an intermittent problem, but one that recently happens at least once a week.

My laptop does not always wake up from the sleep state correctly. From time to time, after waking up, it shows the login screen (or rather lock screen) with wallpaper but without any informational overlay (like name of account, charging/battery status, internet connection, turn-off button, etc.) - and it doesn't switch to the login form, even after waiting for long time. It instead automatically turns off the screen (it goes black) after a while, never showing the login form.

The only thing that happens is the noise from the HDD activity. Forcing the laptop to sleep (with media button or by closing the lid) works, but does not fix the issue.

After forced reboot (with a power button) the problem fixes itself for a time.

P.S. It looks like the problem is with background update process, as I think (but I am not sure) this happens around the time where there exists not yet fully installed system upgrade.

system Windows 10 Home 64-bit x64, version 1903 compilation 18362..592, with Fast Boot enabled

laptop Asus Aspire F 15 F5-573G-67AS

--

Jakub Narębski

Continue reading...

Back