Windows 10 Windows 10 HDR Automatically Adjusting Brightness (With No Option to Turn Off)

• Thread starter Thread starter Rory Bradford
  • Start date Start date
R

Rory Bradford

Hi everyone,

I've just upgraded my PC to take advantage of HDR. I have an AMD 5700XT paired with a BenQ EX2780 external display, connected via HDMI 2.0

I have HDR enabled in Windows 10. I've noticed that when browsing the web, the screen's brightness will automatically adjust up and down depending on what I'm looking at - it's very annoying.

Granted, my particular monitor has a technology called HDRi which uses a sensor to determine brightness, however I have the monitor set to "Display HDR" (not using the "HDRi" auto brightness technology). I have already researched this on the monitor side and determined it is not the problem.

From other forums, it seems that the problem lies with Windows HDR itself. Adjusting the HDR/SDR slider doesn't alleviate the issue. Additionally, there is NO option to turn off "Adaptive Brightness" which is a setting some people have - not in the Display Settings or in the Power Plan Settings of Windows (there's simply no option for me to play with).

This issue does not happen in HDR enabled games, and is most noticeable when browsing the web on a white page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Continue reading...

Back