Windows 10 Windows 10 Ink Tick and Hold won't disable at all. (Build 1803)

• Thread starter Thread starter MinaDarsh
  • Start date Start date
M

MinaDarsh

Hello Microsoft Community,

A few updates back caused a lot of issues for Windows using graphics designers, now it seems it has been fixed by making it somewhat possible to use Windows Ink combined with Wacom products, but one glaring issue still lurks which is even not behaving as expected.

The dreadful Tick and Hold feature... You know, you tick, hold or just move not too much (of which the area is huge) and a circle will build up, and once completed, stuff might happen. Now, I'm not sure if it's broken or just still doing that circle anyway despite having it set to do nothing in the Pen and Windows Ink settings, but it's really annoying!

If you do a small Brush stroke in programs like Photoshop, instead of getting something on the canvas, the silly circle will just build up instead... We need a way to disable it entirely or at least be able to disable it in some programs, because... Great feature, A for effort, F for execution, really...

And yes, I'm aware Windows Ink can be disabled and the old API can be forced. Problem is there is a notable lag in Brush strokes when I do that. If using the Windows Ink API, the lag is gone, strange enough. The computer I'm using is not weak at all. (Intel i7-6700K, 16 GiB DDR4-2133 RAM, nVidia GTX 1080.)

I believe there used to be an older dialog settings box for Pen and Touch settings which I think did disable the Tick and Hold ring entirely, but it seems to have been removed a few updates ago.

This thing is driving me nuts, so I hope to either be able to disable it in Photoshop and other drawing programs, or to have the old API run smoothly, anyone got any ideas on how to achieve this?

Continue reading...

Back