Windows 10 Windows 10: Internet connected and running but Windows 10 says there is no internet connection, and can't run MS related things

• Thread starter Thread starter JimboJustTryingToGetAlongWithWindows10
  • Start date Start date
J

JimboJustTryingToGetAlongWithWindows10

I had to remove and reinstall Windows 10 a few days ago. I've fixed all the other issues which have arisen due to this, but my final one is that Windows 10 says I have no connection to the internet, even though I do (Ethernet). (Obviously, I am typing this on the computer, so...)

I have tried the fixes set out in the thread -

There are two primary fixes set out in the thread above. The first is contained at the end of this article: Microsoft tests fix for Windows 10's major bug that breaks Wi-Fi

The second is based on the following premise:

This problem doesn’t really have anything to do with being able to reach that link. If you look at the thread, you’ll see that most of us have no problems actually connecting to the Internet. The problem is Windows 10 displays that there is no Internet access when there actually is. It makes connecting to Microsoft cloud-centric apps (Store, Feedback, Office 365, etc) as well as Windows Updates, impossible.

The second solution set out the following edit to the files "hosts" in the registry, forcing Windows to reflect an internet connection:

run notepad as administrator

file > open

go to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

change the file types to All Files (*.*) so you can see it

hosts should be in the list, open it

go to the bottom of the file

add a blank line to the bottom, then add the following two lines (you may be able to get away with just the second one, but it cant hurt to add both)

13.107.4.52 www.msftconnecttest.com

13.107.4.52 msftconnecttest.com

add a blank line at the bottom under these (dont leave the entry as the last line or it may not work)

save it

close notepad

restart windows ***************************************************************

Neither of the above have worked for me.

Anyone have any other solutions for me to try?

Is Microsoft aware of this ongoing issue, and are they taking steps to correct it?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Continue reading...

Back