Windows 10 Windows 10 is acting up (or I may have broken it)

• Thread starter Thread starter Konstantin_432
  • Start date Start date
K

Konstantin_432

Hello!

I recently decided to change my user folder name because I didn't like the name windows gave it. Also, I decided to change all names from the old name to the new one in the registry to make sure everything would work correctly. That all went fine until I was editing the last few keys (or files? I don't know what to call them). My user is now gone, and basic apps such as file explorer are not working anymore. The start menu and stuff are not opening as well. For example, when opening file explorer it gives me these 2 errors:

Explorer.EXE

The specified device, path, or file cannot be accessed. You may not have sufficient permissions to access the item.

C:\Users\Myuser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\Tas...

No file is assigned to the file to carry out this action. Install an app, or create a mapping on the settings bar for standard apps if an app is already installed.

Im on my secondary account which I never used and it's sadly not an administrator account. But that wouldn't mean I don't have the permissions to access file explorer since im pretty sure everyone can. Im not sure if I can do anything at this point. Recovery mode says I don't have any restore points when I sure did make some. I tried resetting with it just erroring and not doing the reset. I don't want to reinstall windows either unless I have to. I have reinstalled windows so many times now it's getting annoying + I have some important stuff on this laptop I want to keep.

If there is anything I could do (unless reinstalling windows) then please let me know.

Thank you. (i have put this under this category since I wasn't sure if it would under any other ones)

Continue reading...

Back