Windows 10 Windows 10 is constantly checking to see if I have a microphone plugged in. I don't want it to do that, its stupid and affects my sound card.

• Thread starter Thread starter GeePete999
  • Start date Start date
G

GeePete999

Windows 10 is constantly checking to see if I have a microphone plugged in. I don't want it to do that, its stupid and affects my sound card.

This constant polling would not allow the PC internal sound to work. I bought a sound card which worked for a while, then again Win 10 subverted the sound card driver. I bought a more expensive Sound Blaster card which is more reliable and this is working. The constant polling for a microphone is irritating and not wanted. Looking at the sound settings I see that it is STILL CHECKING CONSTANTLY for a microphone on the input port.

Give us a tab setting that STOPS polling for Microphones!!!

In a previous post I pointed out Windows Audio Endpoint is frequently ramping up CPU usage and memory usage (at times up to nearly 1 gigabyte of RAM memory). This occurs even when I am not running any apps with sound. I have to manually shut it down with Task Manager.

Give us a setting to LIMIT Windows Audio Endpoint CPU and memory usage. I suggest a "LOW", "MEDIUM", "HIGH" or "HIGHEST" setting.

90% of the time I don't use PC sound at all. When using Productivity Apps- sound is not necessary.

Microsoft put programmers to work that will help users- not create performance problems with massive background PC resource usage.

Continue reading...

Back