Windows 10 Windows 10 is driving me crazy whenever I game or stream from game console to tower

• Thread starter Thread starter JoeGibson
  • Start date Start date
J

JoeGibson

I think I posted this in the right category

Processor: AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor, 3200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P1.20, 1/12/2016 (Maxed out)

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASRock

BaseBoard Product 970A-G/3.1

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 24.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 24.0 GB

Available Physical Memory 20.8 GB

Total Virtual Memory 27.5 GB

Page File Space 3.50 GB

Name Radeon RX 570 Series 4GB

Every time I play video games or stream from my Xbox 1 S Digital console or even stream from my Switch console through my Elgado HD60 S.

It's happened so many times I've become used to it.

I see the blue screen, roll my eyes, hit reset, wait for the BIOS start up to kick on, then do the Windows start up, see the login put in the password and get back to the desktop. Then hit the hot key for the browser, restart Elgato HD60 S or whatever game I was playing to continue off until it happens again!

I can't even finish Crackdown 3, Dead Rising 4, or any other game without running into a Random Blue Screen showing a random error file and I just spent time updating the drivers to be up to date after recently giving this... "Lovable" Operating System a merciless and brutal Root Canal.

I've made posts on Microsoft/Windows Twitter page and got ZERO RESPONSE from them about the blue screens.

The Blue screen errors are always random.

Here's what I have done:

Trend Micro Maximum Security:

OS Drive: Clean
Drive D: Clean
Drive E: Clean
Drive F: Clean
Drive G: Clean
Drive H: Clean

Drive I: Clean

sfc /scannow: Results: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

chkdsk: Error found and repaired

DirectX is at 12, Bios is maxed out on updates

Memory diagnostic came back Snake eyes meaning No problems

No, this processor is not overclocked as I do not have the cooling to support overclocking

Yes this is a legal version of Windows Migraine as I got it back when Windows was offereing it as a free upgrade. That was a mistake to begin with right away.

How can you go from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 bypassing 9 completely. That never sat right with me.

I was going to reinstall Comodo Internet Security as it is currently free and they do have a monthly option for eight bucks a month but I decided on Trend as it's obvious the Windows version of internet security is lacking.

At the time of this, Windows Update says I'm up to date

Every time I turn around AMD is always doing updates for the graphics card. Not doing the optional 19.12.1 graphics update. Not this time.

So...what must I do to stop this annoying and repeating Blue screen whenever I play video games or stream video games from my game consoles.

Before you ask, I have Game pass, highest tier for Xbox and PC.

When I stream from that or play from that I get blue screens.

The ONLY game it hasn't happened with is Star Trek Online, All of my games are on Drive I which is 10TB of space.

Continue reading...

Back