Windows 10 Windows 10 keeps forgetting wifi networks and disconnecting wifi. Wont shut down when this happens

• Thread starter Thread starter StreberinLiebe
  • Start date Start date
S

StreberinLiebe

So I am at my wits end with this issue over the last 3 months. Basically, my wifi on my Windows 10 PC will randomly cut out and it will say no networks available (while my laptop is still actively connected to the same wifi network). Usually, it will only cut out for about 10 seconds, and then all the networks come back and wifi resumes.

However, if it happens too many times, the wifi never reconnects and I cannot manually connect to my network. In this case, I have to restart. However, when I click restart (or even shut down) it gets stuck endlessly on the "shutting down" screen and never actually shuts down, I have to hold the power button.

I know my wifi adapter is fine, because I tested it on my husbands PC, and checked all the drivers and they are up to date and fine. I don't know if its related, but it happens to cut out the wifi the most when I browse Facebook (it seems like it really shouldn't be related, but that's the common denominator here)

PC info:

Processor - AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cored 4C+8G 3.90 GHz

RAM - 8.00 GB (6.95 GB usable)

System Type - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Network Adapter - Lynksys WUSB6100M

Edition - Windows 10 Home

Version - 2004

Installed on - 7/23/2020

OS Build - 19041.450

Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Continue reading...

Back