Windows 10 Windows 10 Keyboard Layout Screen Stuck

• Thread starter Thread starter DemryMcCoy
  • Start date Start date
D

DemryMcCoy

I am having an issue my Windows 10 Professional computer boots as normal I type in my bitlocker password and it asks me to choose a Keyboard Layout but when I try to click on it nothing happens. I have tried doing the System Restore but it asks for a recovery key, I try Automatic Repair but it asks for a recovery key, I try rolling back to the previous version... BUT it requires the recovery key. I can't find my printout and the device is not showing up in my Hotmail account under devices. I have the KeyID, the bitlocker password and even the Windows 10 Pro upgrade package and I can't get the computer to work. I have tried all the suggestions, I downloaded a bootable USB drive and went into the BIOS and had it start from the USB stick, from there I have tried everything on the Repair option... again need the recovery key, I tried installing it fresh but it will only gives me the option to Keep Files etc there is no fresh install option. I am at a loss I can't believe that I won't be able to use my computer ever again without a recovery key when I HAVE my bitlocker password. If there was a way to print the recovery key I would but the only options I get no matter where I go is either a "Choose Keyboard Layout" screen that won't allow me to select anything, or "need the system recovery key. Please can someone tell me how to fix this so I don't have to replace a perfectly good computer???

Continue reading...

Back