Windows 10 Windows 10 Lock screen time is 1 hour off (behind) system clock (SOLUTION)

• Thread starter Thread starter Phil_MIS_Consulting
  • Start date Start date
P

Phil_MIS_Consulting

DonatL asked this question but it was locked without a sufficient answer he asked:

"A week ago I carried out a Windows 10 fresh installed and specified the wrong time offset/zone. I corrected it while logged as an administrator with Set date and time. The clock is auto synch with internet time using time.nist.gov. I noticed that the Lock screen and/or Logon screen displays the wrong time by 1 hour slow, which correspond to the time initially set in error. Note that once logged in, the displayed time is correct?!

I checked that both time and time zone are set automatically, the Bios time is correct, that the windows time service is in started status and started automatically.

How can I correct this persistent time setup offset in the logon screen?

Is it a time that is used by the system internally? If so it might explain Internet web issues relying on precise time for validation (e.g.ssl).

Thank you for your help,

Donat "

I was also having this issue, at first I thought it was an issue with windows server 2016 DC having a bad group policy set. I decided to check the time zone so i went to settings and it was set to Eastern time with daylight savings box checked. After that I went in to control panel and looked at Date Time settings and under timezone there was a message "timezone unrecognized" or something to that effect so i clicked button to set timezone and eastern time was default selected i hit apply and opened lock screen and the time was now fixed. my guess is the settings is not communicating with the control panel and/or the lock screen is using control panel date time not settings date time

Continue reading...

Back