Windows 10 Windows 10 Memory leak on 1809 and 1903

• Thread starter Thread starter EdLatour
  • Start date Start date
E

EdLatour

Recently I started having high memory usage on my systems, since updates to 1809. I went through all the normal steps of virus checking and driver updates even to the point of replacing a video card to afford most recent Nvidia updates.

I have one system running 1809 and my other at 1903. Both systems have 24gb of memory which provides me with a bit of breathing room. On the system running 1903 I had updated from 1809 in hopes of eliminating the problem but to no avail.

After many attempts to solve the problem by regedits and driver changes, I downloaded Poolmon and was able to isolate the offending service. On both systems the results are the same, NETIO.sys is crunching up nonpaged memory and never releasing it.

As a test I disabled my network adaptors on one system and the lost memory stopped increasing. I added a usb WiFi adaptor and disabled the LAN adaptors suspecting that maybe the LAN adaptors were faulty drivers but the WiFi adaptor had the same result as the LAN's.

I don't know where to go from here as my only option is regular reboots to restore memory to a workable state. On the 1903 system I run video surveillance with 12 cameras and the rate of lost memory affords me about 8 hrs. between reboots although memory usage is up to 90% average which dramatically slows the system.

I am hoping that there is a simple fix as I am sure others are experiencing the same problem. Love to hear from anyone with success in resolving this problem.

Continue reading...

Back