Windows 10 Windows 10 not running .exe file

• Thread starter Thread starter NoahSS116
  • Start date Start date
N

NoahSS116

Hello,

I am trying to open a specific .exe file for a program I'm trying to install. I get to Windows asking to allow for the program to make changes but after I select yes, nothing happens. I have tried things like turning off all firewalls/anti virus software, restarting computer, updating to newest version of Windows 10, and creating a new user profile, to more obscure things like using the Registry Editor and running system checks to find if there are any issues with my software. My computer does not even register that the program begins to run before closing; entirely nothing happens after I click yes on allowing the app to make changes. I have scanned my computer for viruses with both Windows Defender and Malwarebytes, both of which found no issues with my computer. The odd thing is that other .exe files open and install programs easily without any issues; it's files from a specific company. They have no problems installing it on their end, and my coworkers have no issues installing it either, which leads me to believe it's a more complex issue with my computer. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm running Windows 10, version 1809 on a Dell XPS 8700 desktop computer.

Continue reading...

Back