Windows 10 Windows 10 PC immediately restarts after being sent to sleep, tried fixes, no change

• Thread starter Thread starter RuMandolin
  • Start date Start date
R

RuMandolin

I'm having a maddening problem with Windows 10 (Pro) which I first noticed after the 20H2 update. When I set the PC to sleep, it immediately wakes up again. I've tried everything I've found on forums:

1. I've run powercfg -requests. I got 'None' returned for all fields, so there doesn't seem to be 3rd party software causing it.

2. I ran powercfg -devicequery wake_armed. This returned Realtek PCIe Family Controller, Standard PS/2 Keyboard, HID-compliant mouse (003) and HID Keyboard Device (001). In Device manager I disabled the PCIe controller and the mouse, though I kept the keyboard so I can use the sleep button. (Note - I only have 1 keyboard - not sure why there are two listed?). While I was about it, I also allowed the PC to put all other devices available to sleep.

3. I've made all the changes recommended in Additional Power Settings, including allowing the computer to sleep in Multimedia Settings and turning off 'fast boot mode'.

4. I've checked every single one of my drivers are up to date (they were).

My system is: windows 10 Pro (20H2), Intel Core i5-3570K, Asus P8Z68-V LX motherboard, 16GB DDR3 SDRAM running off an SSD with a backup SSD and two HDDs.

Absolutely out of ideas. Only option I can think of is update rollback, but don't want to as it's a fresh install and I'm not convinced this would help.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Continue reading...

Back