Windows 10 Windows 10 Power & Sleep Settings randomly change themselves

• Thread starter Thread starter JakeRaynor
  • Start date Start date
J

JakeRaynor

Surface Pro 6, Windows 10 1909, OS Build 18363.900

Using a second monitor and the main display simultaneously. Secondary monitor is set as primary display. Device is plugged in and at 100% when in use. At random, the SP6 main display will change it's brightness to 100%. When this happens, additional settings are also changed. Under the Power & Sleep settings, the setting "When plugged in, turn [screen] off after" changes back to 15 minutes. Sometimes the setting "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after" changes itself to 5 hours as well. I would like these settings to be set to "Never." I noticed that the "plugged in" power mode was set to "Best battery life." I am unaware of what I had initially set it to. I have currently set it to "Better performance." It's probable that this setting may also change itself.

Last week or so there were a series of 3 different updates, spaced across maybe 3 or 4 days. Prior to these updates, I did not experience this issue. I would like to not roll back to a previous version of Windows 10 if possible, as these updates actually fixed some other buggy behaviors I was having trouble with. Please let me know if you need additional information.

Continue reading...

Back