Windows 10 Windows 10 Pro Freezing

• Thread starter Thread starter ratpic2_1071
  • Start date Start date
R

ratpic2_1071

This issue started a couple months ago when I found that my GPU was faulty. I replaced the GPU and started having Windows freeze up solid. The odd thing about this Freeze up is I can still alt-tab between windows but it will not actually switch windows. I can get the task manager window to pop up but will not display any active apps. I can still move the mouse all over the screen but clicking on anything does nothing. I can tell when the freeze happens because my usb headset loses power which is extremely weird since both my mouse and keyboard are powered by usb and they still have power when the freeze occurs.

I have read everything I can find on this situation. I thought it was a ram issue and swapped the ram out but still same issue. I have tried swapping GPU's ran stress test after stress test. Updated drivers manually and updated the system bios performed multiple clean installs. But time and time again its the same issue.

My system is:

MSI X470 Gaming Plus

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

Corsair H60 AIO

Corsair Vengeance LPX CL16 3200 32GB

Intel 500GB M.2 Boot Drive

WD Black SN750 1TB Secondary

Seagate 2TB Secondary

MSI RTX 2080 8GB Gaming Trio

I am at a total loss and nothing that any forum I find and read seem to help with the issue. I am hoping that someone can truly help and not give me the same information that I have already tried.

Continue reading...