Windows 10 Windows 10 - RealTek PCIe GbE Family Controller - Slow Connection...

• Thread starter Thread starter RckyMtnTower
  • Start date Start date
R

RckyMtnTower

I post this in the hopes that others will find it useful, as it took me quite a while to resolve this issue.

I was experiencing slow (sub 70Mbps) wired ethernet speeds with an integrated Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller on an MSI motherboard. Suffice it to say I tried everything to push this pard up to the 300+Mbps that every other wired device enjoyed on my home network.

I eventually ran into a post recommending the SpeedGuide.net's TCPOptimer utility, that allows you to reapply either a Windows default profile of adapter settings or even an optimized profile of adapter settings. There is also a slider control that exposed some type of throttling that was enabled on my PC to keep it under 10MBps. I applied the Windows defaults and slide the speed slider all the way to 100+ and voila, full speed ahead.

All of the other posts I found regarding the RealTek controller spoke to one setting or another, but this utility put everything back to the defaults without having to reinstall the OS. It makes sense now after reading that a number of posters resolved their RealTek issues by doing just that.

Continue reading...

Back