Windows 10 Windows 10 speech recognition not accepting commands

• Thread starter Thread starter Lia-H
  • Start date Start date
L

Lia-H

I use windows speech recognition due to disability. I have Windows 10 pro. The software will accept dictation very well, including the dictation of words and some punctuation. It will also select words, with the exception of the select from-to command.

However, it will not accept any commands. When given a command, it does not write the command as words; Instead the microphone switches off. For example, if I dictate, “ Hello comma new paragraph"

The computer will perform the following action:

Hello, [microphone switches off]

The commands that I have tried to include adding parentheses, creating a line paragraph, inserting bullets, bolding.

I am a long time user of Dragon naturally speaking, which appears to be the basis of the windows application, and this error reminds me of when Dragon's command functions is toggled off. The differences, when command function is toggle Dauphin dragon, the speech program will process commands as dictation. What I mean is, dragon would write the words "new paragraph ".

Is there anyway to turn it back on?

These are the fixes then I have tried:

Rebooting the computer multiple times

Trying 2 different microphones. The problem is the same across both microphones.

Trying dictation in multiple applications, including Microsoft Word online, libre open office, and WordPad. The problem is the same across applications.

Running the DISM restore health and the scf/scannow lines, both of which show the computer to be fine.

Trying dictation on another computer on the same network. The other computer’s speech recognition will take commands.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Continue reading...