Windows 10 Windows 10 - startup issue - Computer starts but peripherals are not working - everything works fine on restart

• Thread starter Thread starter LjubomirJeftic
  • Start date Start date
L

LjubomirJeftic

Hello everyone,

I will try to keep this as short as possible while still providing you with all of the necessary information.

A bit of history:

I recently bought a new computer (you can check the specs below) and installed a Windows 10 OS on it. Computer came with Ubuntu 18.04 already installed and everything (regarding boot and reboot) was working as expected. Once I installed the Windows 10 Home it updated and installed all of the drivers needed (I guess, it all happened automatically). As soon as that was done I started experiencing issues with the computer sleep option. Even though I tried everything I couldn't make it wake up from sleep. Then I switched that option off but noticed that the same thing happens when I try to turn computer on in the first place.

Now for the actual issue:

Computer turns on when I press the power button (I can hear the coolers are working) but nothing else works. Mouse, keyboard, monitor, speakers, nothing. Not even the LEDs on mouse and keyboard. When I press the restart button everything is working perfectly, exactly as you would expect with the new computer and freshly installed OS.

Computer specs:

Altos Elite Venom II, AMD Ryzen 5 3600/16GB/SSD 240GB/HDD 1TB/nVidia GTX 1650

Hope this is enough information for you so please help and thanks in advance!

Continue reading...

Back