Windows 10 Windows 10 Sticky Corners - Why hasn't this been rectified after 5 years?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rob-Anon
  • Start date Start date
R

Rob-Anon

Good afternoon,

After using Windows 7 for all these years, I've finally converted over to Windows 10. There's been a bit of a sticky learning experience whilst learning all the new tips and tricks that Windows 10 does differently compared to Win7 but I've come across one that, after an hour or so of Googling, seems that there still isn't a fix or patch for after 5 years.

The "Sticky Corners" feature that was introduced in Windows 8 (Not something I encountered but have read about) had a way to disable it but for some reason the ability to turn this off on Windows 10 has been removed?

Whilst trying to move a window from one monitor to another the mouse seems to stick on the corners, despite me moving the window slow or fast as some people have suggested.

I've tried to follow the guide which mentioned editing the Registry to find out Win10 doesn't have the final option, I've tried turning off "Snap Windows" option which didn't seem to fix anything and also made it so I am no longer able to move windows which were full screen so that had to be turned back on.

Looking at the other threads across the internet, even on this very website, there seemed to be responses back in 2015 (Link below) stating that Microsoft is aware of the issue and are investigating but still no answer as to why this hasn't been addressed.

How to disable sticky corners in Windows 10?

Could someone please respond as to how to fix this issue as although I understand it's a 'First world problem' but it's still very frustrating when working on computers all day and constantly having your mouse freeze in the corners when trying to do your job.

Kind Regards

Continue reading...

Back