Windows 10 Windows 10 - Support for Floppy Disk Drives - DVD Movie Playback - Burn CD/DVD/Blu-Ray

• Thread starter Thread starter Cesare Vesdani
  • Start date Start date
C

Cesare Vesdani

I have leart by reading a post and watching a video that Windows 8 and Windows 10 no longer support DVD movie playback. The problem is that the device drivers and codecs that are normally built-in to every version of Microsoft Windows, all the way up to Windows 7 has been removed in Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

The hardware support for reading floppy disks has also been removed. Read more here: Floppy Disk Support

Read more here: Windows 10 DVD Playback

I have a couple of questions that I want you to answer me.

1. Is it possible to burn a CD, DVD and Blu-Ray disk in Windows 10?
  2. Will Microsoft re-enable the full support for floppy disk drives and DVD Movie playback?

I am disappointed on Windows 10 as it currently stands now. In Windows XP and Windows 7, it is possible to do anything you like in those two operating system. They are fully versatile and customizable to the user for much better experience.

But, Windows 10 does not give that possibility to their customers.

When I download a program from the Internet which I want to keep permanently, I burn it to CD, DVD or Blu-Ray disk. Computer hardware these days must give full support for optical drives. All my laptops and PCs in my home have an optical drive for burning data.

Continue reading...

Back