Windows 10 Windows 10 systems is messing with chrome and my computer.

• Thread starter Thread starter Squishyrocks
  • Start date Start date
S

Squishyrocks

After my first class of school today I received a couple "severe threats" from WS. I also got a dropbox saying that google chrome security is ready to launch, and when I pressed launch it didn't work.

So here comes my first problem: after clearing with the threats, google chrome stopped working. As in, I couldn't edit google forms, and when I went to "About Google Chrome" I wasn't connected to the internet (Which I was.) and said whitelist googleupdate.exe.

Second batch of problems: The start/search bar in windows didn't respond. I had encountered this problem once before. The one thing I knew that fixed it was to search in the start/search bar for windows restore point, but I couldn't. So instead I scrolled for windows security and managed to find system restore point and backed it up.

You know whats interesting when all of this happened? When Google Chrome started having problems I couldn't even access this damn website and thus couldn't get support unless I restored my computer. Yes, I could've used another browser but I didn't think of it at the time.

I fixed it after restoring it again. But I swear to god this will happen again unless I find the root cause of this problem. Has anyone had similar experiences to me and if so can you kindly tell me what you did too? I wish something would just be clearer to me so I can solve this damned problem. This is harming my school effort and I have to deal with this problem rather than doing work. Whats with windows system and their security?

From now on unless I find something that changes my perception I'm looking at windows security with a grain of salt.

Continue reading...

Back