Windows 10 Windows 10, Theme not showing up in list of themes installed

• Thread starter Thread starter SoullessWheat11
  • Start date Start date
S

SoullessWheat11

Hi,

I've recently downloaded a Windows Theme from the Microsoft Store but it won't show up in the customization settings. Prior to this I downloaded other themes that show up correctly and I can set them as active.

The exact theme I wanted to use was named "Glorious Blue". I downloaded it and in the store it shows that it is installed and I only need to Apply it. However, the "Apply" button takes me to the settings menu where I can't find the mentioned theme among the other downloaded themes. Also in the store it shows me that this theme is installed, so I can neither download it again nor delete it.

I tried to look up the theme in the folder where Windows stores all my other themes (C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes) but it is definitely not there.

I searched for solutions in other threads and found one that suggested to apply this command to the Run dialog box:

"%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets"

Then copy the results and rename them with the "Ren *.* * .jpg" command.

Unfortunately, this didn't work. Firstly, the Ren command no longer worked in PowerShell, so I needed to rename each file one by one. Secondly, when I was done the pictures I got were absolutely not the ones the theme should be using.

Some details about my system: I am using Windows 10 Home, version 1709 build 16299.904 all available updates installed.

Thank you for your advices and suggestions in advance.

Best regards,

SoullessWheat

Continue reading...

Back