Windows 10 Windows 10 update making sfc /scannow not working

• Thread starter Thread starter KentBongolo
  • Start date Start date
K

KentBongolo

I just recently updated to KB 4528760, upon checking the update history it is stated that the update failed to install, however my PC actually updated to it. Also now the sfc /scannow is not working it states Windows resource protection could not start the repair service. I already tried this method:

Step 1: Press Windows and R keys together to launch Run dialog, and input services.msc in the box, then click OK

to continue.

Step 2: In the popup window, select the Windows Modules Installer and double-click it.

Step 3: You will see Windows Modules Installer Properties window, set Startup type as Manual, then click Apply and OK to confirm this change.

Step 4: Close the services window. Then type cmd in the search box of Windows 10 and right-click Command Prompt to choose Run as administrator.

Step 5: Type the following commands in the command window and hit Enter to continue after each command.

sc config trustedinstaller start= demand
net start trustedinstaller

But it didn't fix the problem.
I wanted to uninstall the update or reinstall the update and check to see if it fixes the problem. Please give me suggestions on how to fix the issue. I don't want to start over reinstalling the OS. It's frustrating.

Continue reading...