Windows 10 Windows 10 upgrade problems with drivers

• Thread starter Thread starter hyar'um
  • Start date Start date
H

hyar'um

Hello,

I have an old laptop lying around that I need to use, it isn't great, but for what I'll need, it fits.

I've done a fresh install of Windows 8.1 x64. I then upgraded it to Windows 10 version 1507 (10240).

Everything went fine, all the drivers were working.

The next step was to search for updates and install them. One of them was to install version 1903. After this, all the drivers had problems [with exclamation points on the device manager] with (code 12). I had no ethernet and no wi-fi. I've tried looking on the laptop's manufacturer website for the drivers with no avail. I also looked for drivers specifically for wifi and ethernet cards so I could search for updates with Windows Update, but the manual installation still didn't solve it.

I then decided to revert to build 1507 again and decided to it upgrade directly to version 20H2. The same problems emerged: no drivers, no internet.

I started over and now have a clean and fresh install of Windows 10 version 1507 with no updates, in the hopes that someone can guide or give an insight on what to do; or if it is just pointless. I've also searched for a similar problem but no specific solution.
Laptop specs:
Sony Vaio VGN-N31M
CPU: Intel Core 2 T5300 1.73GHz

RAM: 2GB

GPU: Intel 945 Express Chipset

Network Adapters:

Qualcomm Atheros Communication LAN-Express AS IEEE 802.11g PCI-E Adapter (driver version 10.0.3.456 - date 09/20/2017)

Marvell Yukon 88E8036 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (driver version 12.10.16.0 - date 04/11/2013)

Thank you

Continue reading...