Windows 10 Windows 10 won't boot after clean install

• Thread starter Thread starter MichaelMillar4
  • Start date Start date
M

MichaelMillar4

Just build a new PC, not my first rodeo. I put everything together without any problems, plugged it in. Verified everything was registering in BIOS, no problems. Inserted Windows 10 Home install USB and booted into the installer. Went into installer and entered Key code. Went through the first install batch no problem. Displayed it was going to restart, and it did, and did, and did.. It actually never stopped restarting. It never made it back into windows. It would load up the motherboard logo and display the options to get into bios. When I didn't press anything, it would try to load windows, but screen went black, fans powered up to high speed, and then it would restart. It did this until I held the power button for 5 seconds. Tried to turn it on again, went back into restart loop. Did research online about the problem and tried many solutions such as:

- Removing USB install stick before installer resets (no change)

- Removed and re-installed ram(multiple times)

Was originally attempted to install windows on a 1TB m.2 SSD (installer detected it), but ran into the described problem. Many online sources pointed out SSD may be problem. So I decided to install windows on the 2TB HDD thats installed as well. Same problem. Tried these additional steps:

- Windows troubleshoot boot fixer (from the installer dialog): this stated it could not find/fix the problem.

- Fresh build so can't restore to previous version, so I tried to a cmd line fix some described online, but did not change anything.

System specs:

Windows version: Windows 10 Home

Case: be quiet! Dark Base PRO 900 Black rev. 2

Motherboard: ASUS Prime x570-Pro

HSF: be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12-core

HDD: WD BLue 2TB PC Hard Drive

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

PSU: EVGA 850 GQ

m.2 SSD: Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe

RAM: 2x 16GB G.SKILL Aegis 288-Pin DDR4

Continue reading...