Windows 10 Windows 10 wont boot ''root cause found: boot configuration corrupt. partition table repair failed''

• Thread starter Thread starter Savi96
  • Start date Start date
S

Savi96

Hi,

I'm trying to repair my PC for 5 days now, i don't have money for a professional IT and I tried to follow a ton of tutorials, blog post and chats I could finde in every language I know. Nothing works ! I am desperate and frustrated a large part of my life both privately and professionally is on this computer. :(

5 days ago I was working on a publisher presentation when my pc started bugging, it slowed down a bit and started to freeze. but it was over fast, I finished my stuff and shut down the pc. before windows went down, it checked the security options or something. ( I wasn't looking cause it wasn't unusal to do something before shut down )

The next day I wanted to start my computer it went up before login then frezzed and shut down, after I tried to boot it there was only black screen.

Here and there a gear turned or the windows logo was visible, it started freezing and after about almost 4 hours the blue scrren of death appeared = :( UNMOUTABLE BOOT VOLUME [ :( <- this smiley described my feelings from then on pretty well -.-'') ] I suspect it's a virus because I was on unknown sites during my research and some of them definitely looked questionable at best, but I immediately got out still after that the pc started to bug. I have an antivirus system so it could be something else.

The Computer I use:

intel(r) core(tm)2 duo cpu e7200

there was a Windows 8 version that was replaced by Windows 10 (by the previous owner)

Windows Version 10.0.17134.1

Everything worked just fine until 5 days ago

I tried everything i found online:

1. Boot via Windows Media Creation DVD/USB -> Toubelshoot = worked

2. Refresh your PC = dosen't work, back to were i was before

3. Continue with Windows 10 = Back to were i was before

5. System Restore = dosen't work, no restore point found error =x80070057

6. go back to previous build = dosen't work, there is a problem try to reset your pc

7. CMD = i got in and tried the following below:

chkdsk /r = The type of te files system is NTFS. Can't lock current drive. Chkdsk can not run because the volume is currently used by another process. Would you like to schedule this process the next time the system restart? (Y/N)

Yes

Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50.

chkdsk C: /f /r = file system checked, no problem found. no further action necessary.

chkdsk F: /f /r = file system checked, no problem found. no further action necessary.

chkdsk D: /f /r = file system checked, no problem found. no further action necessary.

so I tried :

bootrec.exe /fixmbr = successful

bootrec.exe /fixboot = Access is Denied (so i tried to fix this with;)

bootsect/nt60 sys = successful

bootrec.exe /fixboot (again) = successful
Bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd = Successfully scanned Windows installations. Total identified Windows installations: 0. The operation completed successfully.

still dosen't work

then I tried :

diskpart -> list disk

Disk### Status Size Free Dyn GPT

Disk 0 Online 698 GB 1024 KB

Disk 1 Online 55 MB 0 B *

diskpart -> list volume

Volume### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info

Volume 0 I IR3_CENA_X6 UDF DVD-ROM 3819 MB Healthy

Volume 1 C System -rese NTFS Partition 238 MB Healthy
Volume 2 F Data NTFS Partition 689 GB Healthy

Volume 3 D Cache NTFS Partition 55 GB Healthy

I don't remember cause i followed a tutorial but ther was something with

select disk 0

= disk 0 is now the selected disk.

select vol C (don't know how it went from there nor why)

At some point I don't know anymore what i did (maybe automatic repair or so ) it showed blue screen :

root problem found. boot configuration is corrupt.

partition table repair result: failed.

error code = 0x490

X:\Windows\System32>bcdedit

Windows- Boot- Manager

device partition =C:

Windows Boot Loader

device unknown

osdevice unknown

(again)

Bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd = Successfully scanned Windows installations. Total identified Windows installations: 0. The operation completed successfully.

bcdedit /export c:\bcdbackup

The operation completed successfully.

attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s

bootrec /rebuildbcd

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

Still the same :

botrec /scanOS

Successfully scanned Windows installations. Total identified Windows installations: 0. The operation completed successfully.

btw. I somehow can't finde: Log file: x:\windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt fon't know what is wrong i'm not an IT command or no argument ??

In between i tried different things and a second blue screen appered.

Recovery

Error 0xc000000f and another time Error 0xc000000e

Please help !!!!

I don't know what to do expect for taking the hard disk out try to safe my documents and other stuff

if possible on a second PC with Windows 7 and try to put a new one in my current PC.

If I check via notepad there seems everything gone. :(

Also I tried to change BIOS IDE to AHCI and back. Dosen't work.

I checked the cable everything seems fine.

I thought about booting from the Windows 10 DVD and install it new but it won't let me.

Continue reading...

Back