Windows 10 Windows 10 won't install on new build

• Thread starter Thread starter jpl000
  • Start date Start date
J

jpl000

BIOSTAR RACING Z490A-SILVER motherboard

I cannot install Windows 10 on the new computer my Son and I built. I have no problem running UBUNTU, but Windows just won’t load. I have a retail installation USB key to load from and I’ve also tried downloading a fresh install from Microsoft and loading that from USB. The issues are too much to go into, but essentially, I cannot get a stable version of Windows to run. I have occasionally been able to get Windows to load into Safe Mode, and while there I am able to load some drivers that allow me to use the internet – either through the built in network outlet or through the wifi card that is specified below. Neither operates natively through the Bios.

I have a decent level of computer confidence and experience though this is the first from scratch build I’ve been involved with. (I have replaced most components on a PC but never all at once.)

I have spent 20-30 hours trying different variants in order to get Windows 10 to load, but so far no luck and I’m beginning to wonder if I ever will. I have unplugged “non-essential” hardware to no avail. (taking out one stick of memory, the WiFi card, the second SSD, etc.) I have flashed the BIOS to a newer version and then flashed it back. Nothing has helped.

Is there a known fix for this problem? Is there a way to get install media with the latest version including dirvers? (This install says it needs to install updates)

I don’t want to replace the motherboard and don’t really think that’s the problem since UBUNTU works flawlessly, but I need Windows 10.

Motherboard BIOSTAR RACING Z490A-SILVER

CPU Intel Core i7-10700K

Power Supply EVGA 850

Other SSD Western Digital 1TB WD Blue

SSD TEAMGROUP MS30 512GB

RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz 2 x 8 GB = 16 GB

CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken M22 120mm

Case NZXT H510

Fans upHere 3-Pack

Monitor Dell 27” via HDMI

WiFi Card Ubit 2974Mbps WiFi 6 802.11 AC/AX

Continue reading...