Windows 10 Windows 10 Won't Recognize Bluetooth Device

• Thread starter Thread starter CosetteJR
  • Start date Start date
C

CosetteJR

I have been using an Mpow Flame headset/microphone bluetooth device with my computer for a few months now, but 2 weeks ago, my TechKey USB Dongle just stopped responding. It would connect when I first opened up my computer, but wouldn't work with Zoom or play any audio from videos. So I had to keep turning the bluetooth on and off again.

Eventually, my Windows 10 just stopped recognizing the Dongle all together and I couldn't use Bluetooth at all.

So I ordered a new USB Dongle from Mpow (model: BH456A; computer recognizes it as "Bluetooth Radio") and my Windows 10 recognizes the Dongle, but when I try to add a device the blue dots just keep rolling across the top and no other devices ever show up to pair with. I've tried my Mpow Flame and another bluetooth head set and it won't recognize either of them.

What I have tried:

- checking for updates on my computer and drivers (all are up to date)

- turning off my device, waiting, turning it on again

- turning off bluetooth on the computer, waiting, turning it on again

- uninstalling and reinstalling the dongle

- I've made sure Discovery is enabled for my Bluetooth devices

A few notes:

- I have a Dell Inspiron 15-7579

- No error code or message shows up; it just never discovers the devices

- Device Manager has 4 things listed:

(a) Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI); Driver provider = Microsoft; Driver date = 6/21/2006 (says it's up to date); Version = 10.0.18362.1

(b) Generic Bluetooth Adapter; Driver provider = Microsoft; Driver date = 6/21/2006 (says it's up to date); Version = 10.0.18362.693

(c) Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator; Driver provider = Microsoft; Driver date = 6/21/2006 (says it's up to date); Version = 10.0.18362.693

(d) Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator; Driver provider = Microsoft; Driver date = 6/21/2006 (says it's up to date); Version = 10.0.18362.1

- Checked services.msc and it says this:

Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service - Running -- Manual (Trigg...)

Bluetooth Driver Management - Running -- Automatic

Bluetooth Support Service - Running - Manual (Trigg...)

Bluetooth User Support Serv... - (empty) - Manual (Trigg...)

- Restarted "Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service" and then set it to automatic (it says "Automatic (Tri...)" now.

Still doesn't recognize or connect with anything. (Computer bluetooth is on, device is on and in discover mode). My headphone device is also not connected to any other bluetooth device at the moment either. Although, I did double check that it wasn't the headphones by connecting to my iPhone through bluetooth and that worked just fine.

What can I do to connect to my computer?!

Continue reading...

Back