Windows 10 Windows 2004 - ruining my PC one day at a time - the problems keep coming

• Thread starter Thread starter Hockey_Metalhead
  • Start date Start date
H

Hockey_Metalhead

I understand that MS is "aware" of problems affecting millions of users with their beta OS. However, after using version 2004 for a few weeks with no issues, a couple of days ago, things started happening and it's only been getting worse. Not sure what I can do at this point after trying what I could finding help online and just trying whatever I could think of. Obviously nothing works since the majority of help out there only helps 1-4% of users while 96-99% of the rest are left waiting and annoying and very angry at times.

I'm angry today. Today my 12TB G-Speed Graid (External via Thunderbolt) will no longer be recognized. Along with my Glyph external base housing 2 WD drivers inside. It recognizes the drives, but shows as empty, inaccessible and not even available in disk management. These 3 drives have a lot of data, including backups. If I end up losing nearly 20TB of data because of this windows 10 BS.....

- This is on top of Windows Update no longer updating and giving me constant errors. (it's even checking for errors days ahead Ex. Last checked July 24th - yet its the 23rd in the am.)

- Microsoft Store no longer searching for updates, won't download pending updates and will not allow me to install anything from the store.

- Windows Security is just a blank page now. Opening windows security thereafter leads to another blank page.

- The tray icon for "Action Center" doesn't open at all.

- Other settings in "Settings" are also missing and giving me a blank page.

- Cannot install nor Play anygames from GamePass on my PC. Same error I get with win update and MS store.

- System Restore will not work as it' has failed every time and even the "undo" it tells me upon failure, fails as well

- Was hesitant to "Reset PC" as I didn't want to lose any of my nearly 30+ programs installed but I tried anyway, and it too, failed.

- Random shutdowns whenever windows wants up to 4 in a span of 4 hours

- Coretemp (temperature monitor) is showing me that my processors are working extra hard for some strange reason when they shouldn't be. But ending a host of MS processes in the background that are either working or suspended, seems to stop that temporarily

Allow me to also note that I cannot rollback because we're only allowed, for some reason, 10 days to use a new feature update before we're screwed. And I cannot uninstall any updates. because they are shaded out and don't allow it.

Every day is presenting me with something new to complain about and be annoyed with. I'm angry. Mostly because I cannot access my external drives. If any MS support rep responds with BS troubleshooting tips, that are widely available online and already given to other users that do nothing but waste our time, please post all of the nonsense tips all in one shot to get it over with so I can reply with "I've already tried that with no resolve which is why I'm here"

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back