Windows 10 Windows 7 SP1 Pro Upgrade to Windows 10 Fails with SAFE_OS phase / REPLICATE_OC Error

• Thread starter Thread starter ivan_grozni
  • Start date Start date
I

ivan_grozni

I'm unable to use Windows 10 Media Creation tool to do an in-place upgrade of my Windows 7 Pro (SP1). I'm really trying to avoid doing a clean install so I can preserve my files and apps

The error I get 15% in is: "0x8007001F 0x20006 - The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation"

Over 3 days I've already tried:

1. Disabling sound, graphics, printer, display, video and game controller drivers
  2. Deleting previous WindowBT etc files
  3. Uninstalling Avast/3rd party antivirus
  4. Fixed 2 SFC corrupted files
  5. Did disk cleanup
  6. Clean boot disabling non-ms services
  7. Made sure there wasn't overclocking
  8. Unplugged USB devices
  9. Made more space on HD (>30GB)
  10. Tried upgrading from setup.exe on USB
  11. Uninstalled incompatible programs
  12. Ran SURT (KB947821), there are some manifests and packages that I don't have the ability to replace manually (because I dont have another computer with the exact OS with those files)
  13. I cant install an older version of Windows 10 first because the creation tool re-downloads everything each time its ran and I can't opt out of updates or choose a version

My setuperr file has:

2020-12-14 18:09:46, Error SP CSetupPlatformOSSwitchCheckpoint::Rollback: Failed to read the rollback GUID from file: E:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Rollback\rollbackinfo.ini. Error: 0x00000002[gle=0x00000002]

2020-12-14 18:12:53, Error SP Failed to merge telemetry file: . hr = 0X80070057

I've seen so many discussions about this but also so many people saying they just gave up and had to wipe their hard drive or something which is not really any option for me at this point.

Any guidance would be helpful. Thank you in advance

Continue reading...

Back