Windows 10 Windows and picture freezing. High CPU usage, i9 9900k & GTX1080TI

• Thread starter Thread starter emilsalmi
  • Start date Start date
E

emilsalmi

Hi,

Im starting to be out of options what to do. programs and games while startup freezes and lag a lot! I manage to open Task manager and it says "system" uses around 60-80% of the cpu and then other processes make it up to 99% of the cpu being used. There's no way to stop it as if I try to open another thing it freezes and stops working. Ive tried installing GPU drivers again and motherboard software. Ive installed bios update, all the possible drivers that I can think of and none of them seem to help. The only way I can get it to work is to reset the computer and turn it back on but it just keeps recurring over and over again. I don't know what's wrong! PC does this only when I open for example youtube and skip video 10 seconds at the time in fast paste or open League Of Legends game launcher, select a game and when games client launches it freezes the computer or crashes, when I reboot computer by pressing reset button game launches and I can play it few hours or few minutes and it starts to lag (drops fps to 10-40fps and introduces massive lag and if you know i9 that FPS is way too low). Lag stops IF I press alt tab in time and it switches to a another program that usually helps but in many cases computer freezes and I have to reboot by hard reset. It lags on many games but mostly on League of legends. Usually this processor uses only maximum of 30% while gaming. It never has jumped to 70% or over before this.

Sorry BTW computer is in finnish. I have not overclocked this CPU or GPU in any means. It should be on default settings, as you can see in picture current speed is 4,60 GHz and I think its just turboing? Please help Im out of ideas and this computer is just 2 months old except power supply.

Sometimes this computer lets me play 4 hours without problems. Temps are around 50-60celsius under load in GPU and CPU.

Specs:

CPU i9 9900k
motherboard asrock Taichi Z390

Ram 16gb gskill RGB DDR4

GPU Nvidia GTX 1080ti

PSU Corsair RM1000 Gold (1000 watts)

3x 500gb SSD, 1x 3tb HDD, 1x 1tb HDD

All components are water cooled so its not about the components getting to hot.

Continue reading...

Back