Windows 7 Windows - Application Error The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the application at location 0x000f3273. Click on OK to t

• Thread starter Thread starter Bethy54
  • Start date Start date
B

Bethy54

This indicates I have malware on my computer, and it is in my Win. 7 pro

I posted a request for help 3 days ago, Dec. 20th, and have yet to get help.

At this point, I would like to download Win. 10 to replace my Win. 7 pro (sigh), but obviously cannot do so until the malware on my computer is taken care of. It is in my MSE (as I explained in detail 3 days ago) because MSE states

“Preliminary scan results show that malicious or potentially unwanted software might exist on your system. You can review detected items when the scan has completed." and this pops up during both a quick as well as a complete scan when the scan gets to "svchost"
every single scan.

When the scan finishes, the warning disappears--however, I have the "Windows - Application Error The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the application at location 0x000f3273. Click on OK to terminate the program." pop-up, which means I have malware.

Could someone please help?

I have been holding for a virtual agent for almost 3 hours, and I just get the canned message to "please hold on".

I'm holding and getting nowhere.

This was my original post:

I use Firefox on my Dell Precision M6800 along with Win 7 pro.

I have tried System Restore, and it won't remove the programs and updates it says have been compromised, so I went in Win. Explorer, found them and deleted them myself.

System Restore still won't work, stating I have something open that is keeping it from working, when everything is turned off, and the same problem is still occurring with the svchost.

I noticed there is a thread from years ago with someone having the same problem, but I could not find the solution--and don't know if it would be appropriate considering it was from years ago, anyway.

MSE is not supposed to be turned off until after the New Year, so what is going on?

I have spent hours on this.

I get black shadows appearing on my computer and I know something is very wrong.

HELP, PLEASE!

Continue reading...

Back