Windows 10 WINDOWS - Blue screen of death after BIOS.

• Thread starter Thread starter TristramFrancis
  • Start date Start date
T

TristramFrancis

Hi there.

I recently bought a new SSD, installed windows 10 on it, got some files sent over, noticed some problems supposedly caused by an old BIOS version (which, to be fair, hadn't seen an update in two years) and chose to flash it. After the update was done... I got a black screen. After trying all possible inputs, turning off the PC was my only choice. Upon rebooting it, all attempts to boot up hard drives fail. Even an SSD that wasn't in the system at the time of the update refuses to load.

The guys at the shop thought it must be the motherboard, so I bought a new one and received it today. It had no effect: Blue Screen of Death, once again. The error codes are varied to say the least. That said, no amount of messing with the BIOS settings could fix it. Something is causing Windows 10 to fail and it isn't the GPU, motherboard, SSD or HDD, PSU or even the RAM. I'm extremely angry at myself now but hopefully I can get some help here. After calling support I was given some nonsense number and was just thrown around from person to person.

Many thanks,

Tristram

Continue reading...

Back