Windows 10 Windows cant open any executables and many system apps are missing.

• Thread starter Thread starter JeffYoungs
  • Start date Start date
J

JeffYoungs

Recently.... Windows nearly forced me to install a proprietary HP related update to my laptop.... i couldnt stop the update. Once it finished, my laptop doesnt start up.... The HP logo then the Windows logo shows but after windows finishes loading.... nothing happens. The screen just stays blank. I left it like that for hours but nothing happens. So i booted into that menu that lets you boot into safe mode and I clicked on return to previous windows version... because it was the only thing i could do because i didnt have a backup. So after i did everything started working fine but after a while i realized literally no system apps work. Whenever i run any .exe file it says that windows can not find the file specified even though it clearly exists. I wanted to run the windows 10 upgrade assistant with hopes that it might fix the problem but since its an executable i cant run it either. I can boot from a flash drive but i dont want to spend lots of money on a new windows install. What should i do????

Continue reading...