Windows Defender Antimalware Platform 4.18.2101.4-0 causes problems with group policy and Active Directory MMC add-in.

• Thread starter Thread starter D4rtual
  • Start date Start date
D

D4rtual

Today the Windows Defender Antimalware Platform was updated automatically from version 4.18.2011.6 -> 4.18.2101.4 on my computer.

I didn't notice it at first but since this morning I was experiencing the following problems on my computer:

- LDAP queries to the domain controllers took a long time

- Opening the Active Directory Users & Computers MMC add-in took a very long time and when opening the OUs,

the MMC console stopped responding. Also when choosing to change the domain controllers, the domain controllers were not populated.

- Group policy updates were very slow (from 4 seconds on normal computer to more than 2 minutes on my affected computer)

I was searching almost the whole day with group policy debugging and LDAP network sniffing because I thought that it was a

problem with the domain controllers. (I installed the monthly security updates this weekend on them)

When I reviewed my event viewer once more, I saw the information message from this morning that the antimalware platform was updated.

After reverting to the previous version with "%programdata%\microsoft\windows defender\platform\<version>\mpcmdrun.exe" -revertplatform

the problems suddenly disappeared.

Anyone else experiencing problems with this update?

Continue reading...

Back