windows defender was turned off by a representative in the software department

• Thread starter Thread starter Cheryl DeniseChandler
  • Start date Start date
C

Cheryl DeniseChandler

I called the 888# for the Software Department after being instructed to do so by a representative in the Toshiba Customer Support yesterday morning 12/5/2015.

The reason for my call was that I just purchased 11/20/2015 w/ 2yr waranty through Square Trade.

A Satellite C55-B5277 with Windows 10 Laptop. The reason for my call was that the computer was running slow as molasses in every way of what I needed to do.

This is with all of the applicable updates that would pop up to let me know needed to be done.

One update took all night where as it still wasn't completed the following morning when I arose, to find I had to initiate the second update again.

This is after 11/22/2015 I received help from a technician at the + Care Support. My reasons that evening after several attempts to download my files from a flash drive that was backed up from my other computer. Where the music downloaded with no problems. But my poems wouldn't but a few and I had to individually save them. The technician found that the files were destroyed during the backing-up process. I later realized that it is a possibility I might have destroyed my own files trying to turn them into pdf documents through Acrobat.

The technician attempted using the default office feature that came with the computer. Then he installed a software called Appache through the Open Office App. I was amazed to find that the Open Office Appache had everything that Microsoft Office for Home had, but FREE.

Bottom line the computer started acting up after that it seems, me installing Fire Fox as my browser because otherwise I couldn't get my Google Account in place to transfer my backed-up pictures onto my brand new computer. It has been a time and Bing or Microsoft Edge was not taking me to Google in the way I needed to have this simple process to take place. Which is why I choose Fire Fox to began with. Cortanna couldn't take me where I needed to be.

Well I was informed that I needed to allow Microsoft take my laptop back to default apps without affecting my files, music or photo's. And it's been quite a time since this took place.

The computer has been moving slow, it has been freezing up on me in the midst of writing.

Simply attempting to check off the emails and delete them has been an ordeal. It's like the computer is having a hard time keeping up and processing which prompted my call yesterday morning.

Well this technician Jennifer bka Jenna in the software department of Toshiba 888-933-0322.

After first trying to get money out of me, told me my computer had a Trojan on it, because it did not come with Virus Protection. She took control of my computer and asked me if I had Virus Protection? I told her you have Visual and can't see I have McAffee Live? We stayed on the phone for over an hour yesterday morning. Resulting in her putting my laptop in Safe Mode.

It's completely worse off, I can't do anything now on my laptop. She turned off the Windows Defender. I can't turn it back on. I can't ask Cortanna anything. I can't contact online support.

I can't do anything. It has an x mark on my internet connection and sound.

That has been there since she took control of my computer. I do have internet connection.

As I am typing on another laptop in my home. In fact, on another laptop in my home where I have shared access. When I logged on with my outlook email. The very same selected background by John Sonoma is on my other laptop. It was that laptop I had to use yesterday to send out my Author's Proof Copy of my very first poetry book.

This lady has disabled and gutted my laptop with the end result being I have to pay for + Care Support in order to get help. I had already scheduled to purchase that with my next pay.

But with this situation being that this laptop is now just one week old. This is ludicrous and I need help.

Continue reading...

Back