Windows 10 windows desktop background is turning black

• Thread starter Thread starter DAGRGAMER
  • Start date Start date
D

DAGRGAMER

recently I had a problem where when I left click and highlight it would turn black or when I highlight and icon it would turn black or sometimes the whole background would turn back every like 5 minutes, after coming here to ask what was wrong I ran a virus scan on Windows defender but nothing was detected, I tried a bunch of things to fix it but then it turned out that my GeForce Experience drivers were out of date and when I updated them it fixed, it went like around a week without turning black again, but then like around 1 or 2 days ago I was on my computer and I opened OBS and my computer did a bit of a freeze and the whole background turned black and I got worried that the problem was back, so I reset my PC and it didn't come back, but then again today all of a sudden my computer froze a bit (I opened Chrome and went on YouTube right after my PC booted up and my Discord and Spotify were opening up so I guess that's why) and the whole background turned black again, I'm worried that this is result of a virus (but I'm super paranoid about viruses so I don't download things that I don't know) I just want to know if this is a simple bug and it coincidentally happened twice, previously on this computer it happened maybe like 2 or three times in like 4 or 5 months (so I assumed it was just a bug) then I fully reset my PC but after the reset it's happened like 2 or 3 times before the incident where it kept coming back, then it kept coming back so I updated my graphics card drivers and now it happened twice in the span of 2 or 3 days but it's freezing a bit and turning the whole desktop background black, I heard this is very common (and to my knowledge probably not a result of a virus) but I just want to get a professional opinion because I'm not very good with these things

Continue reading...

Back