Windows 10 Windows Explorer / File Explorer in Windows 10 Drag and Drop issues.

• Thread starter Thread starter N-Cudmore
  • Start date Start date
N

N-Cudmore

Under 'This PC' I get the standard list in the Navigation plane of Desktop, Documents, etc. and then a couple of folders mapping to NAS drives, then Music, Pictures, then Physical drives on the PC then finally a Mapped Drive on a server.

The issue is I don't always have the NAS drives running, but when dragging and dropping a file/folder to either an physical drive/ the desktop, to another open folder or where ever if the cursor passes over the NAS drives/folders in the navigation plane then Windows Explorer (as it is still named in task manager) hangs as not responding for several minutes.

Is there any setting which allows me to avoid this (oh I must connect to the NAS, oh it's not responding, let me just hold everything while I retry for a while) issue.

IF I was intentionally dropping to the files/folder to those drives I get it, but just passing over them on the way to the correct place and not letting go of the left button in the process, is very, very annoying.

Ideally a setting for a delay before attempting to connect to those drives, or ignoring the fact I haven't 'dropped' the file/folders to them is what is needed.

Continue reading...

Back